In order to be able to reduce the weight of the sails we developed a completely new range of laminate materials, with a much thinner film supported by a double structure of fibers, a balanced scrim of fibers orientated in the warp and fill and a classic X-Ply angled series of fibers. From here the name 2Ply. Creating an complex woven web for highest durability with super light weight.
Beside the proofed X-Ply we use this new laminate in the upper sail body to archive minimal swing weight and protection of critical areas.
- less weight: use of new material decreases top sail weight by about 10%
- softer handling for better performance and comfort in gusts
- better strain value for perfect profile and shape on long term
- better UV resistance due thinner film
- used in crucial sail areas for best response, maneuverability and minimal swing weight